Little Mo Writers | Incubator Project
Time & Location
About the Event
The Little Mo Writers Incubator Project is designed to guide and support the work of writers engaged in research nonfiction projects that focus on a person, place, or event in North Dakota or bordering regions. Research nonfiction here is defined as biography or profile writing; reportage or immersion journalism; and cultural history or archival research that brings to light any of the following subjects related to the state:
- places of interest
- notable events that have occurred in the state or
- people of note who currently reside or have lived in the state of North Dakota or bordering regions
A cohort of 8 writers will be selected for the first incubator via a formal application process. Interested writers are asked to submit the following:
- A synopsis of the research project not to exceed 500 words, including the title and genre of the project; a description of the subject(s) of the project; and details about any research steps completed or required to bring the project to fruition. Please indicate your level of completion of the project (early, middle, end) and steps you need to take to finish the project.
- A writing sample, not to exceed 20 pages.
- A short biographical narrative, up to 200 words, describing your experience and accomplishments.